Re: [VAL] Gutting (was Re: VAL Digest V3 #706)

Daisy,

More so than the cabinetry, I lament the loss of the original appliances.
They cannot be easily replicated or currently purchased at any price. This
mostly applies to the pre-65 +/- vintages... it seems that those
unique original appliances are often long gone.

I am with you on discouraging someone from gutting without a good plan for
reconstruction. My hope is that as the Vintage community grows, there will
be enough local support that folks can get a helping hand in their efforts
resulting in another happy family enjoying their beautiful trailer. Many
folks have helped me so far along the way... the online resources at sites
like RJs are amazing. My hope is to see less and less of these gutted
trailers because more and more folks are successfully completing their
restorations.

Your extensive presence in the Airstream Community has certainly gone a long
way to help that.

Steve