Re: [VAL] Gutting (was Re: VAL Digest V3 #706)

Hi Steve,

With all due respect:

"not all that complicated to replicate"- As a retired high school shop
teacher, and veteran of a 1740's house restoration, I agree with you in
principle, but.  Good intentions are no substitute for skill, time,
tools and above all $$$$$$.  I am trying to intervene at the moment when
someone just guts one without thinking, operating under some fantasy
about what they might put back in there.  And often the fantasy involves
a big sale to some star of stage and screen.

Saving a derelict or unusable Airstream and putting it back on the road
will get you into heaven every time.  Some folks may want museum quality
restoration, I just want them .....on the road again, Goin' places that
I've never been, Seein' things that I may never see again, And I can't
wait to get on the road again.

Daisy