Re: [VAL] How many 61 Babmi owners have ever put in a new floor?

Jo Ann,
   No problem on the pictures.
 I pulled off half of the belly pan this moring, dorped the insullation. To
my suprise, only one steel corss member looks to be bad. It is thin enough
to flex with two fingers. This will be replaced. It was located near the old
dump valve. The remaining rot is at the verry back of the unit, just under
the lsst cross member. I will continue to pull it apart. I am hoping to find
good wood and simply replace what is needed, and then treat the whole floor.
The steel frame will need cleaning and painting. Most of the original black
paint is still showing on the frame.

    For those interested; with the existing insullation being gone. What
would be the harm in using 1 1/2 ingh solid core foam for insullation,
attaching it with fender washers and flat head screws?

    What about the refelective aluminum batting type?

    Thanks,
Martin Hughey
WBCCI 10212
1969 International & 1961  Bambi "1631"