Re: [VAL] How many 61 Babmi owners have ever put in a new floor?

First of all, having replaced the floor in a '56 AS, I must tell you,
Martin that you will be added to my prayer list.
	Second, although I have towed my '56 many thousands of miles, some on
bone-jarring roads (CA interstates), with no hints of problems with the
floor - it is the one thing that gnaws at me while zooming down the
byways; did I get it right? There are several things I would do
differently so I'm not going to offer you detailed instructions; many
others on the board know a lot more about this than I, so here's just a
few general comments:

1) Consider inspecting and reinforcing the frame while you have access
to it. I don't think the early ASs were designed to carry the weight of
stuff we now haul around, including the use of heavier plywood for the
floor as well as floor covering such as Pergo or similar HEAVY
products.

Actually, the more I think about it, that's my main contribution. I'll
have to go back to some photos of my work to recall what other gems I
can find for you.
Jo Ann