[VAL] How many 61 Babmi owners have ever put in a new floor?

Hello to all!

Looking for suggestions and advice on how to replace the floor in my Bambi.
Airstream really buit this one to last. Their design projects the outer skin
beyond the floor line. You can not simply slide a new one in. My unit was
built in CA., and has a street side shower and stool.

 I have pulled the shower area and kitchen sink and cabinuts. I have also
pulled the water heater. Until I get some good measurements I will hold off
ripping up the floor. I still need to remove some of the curb side cabinuts,
they appear to be resting over the natural plywood seam. There appears to be
some rot under this floor area also, this is just forward of the water
heater.

 In addition, I have also pulled part of the belly pan to expose the dammage
there. Some rust, but mostly wood rot.

 The rivit line at the bottom of the outside skin appear to be olympic style
or they could have been bucked. All of them are polished and well sealed.
Taking them out seems to be counter productive.  I think Airstream may have
built this unit on a rack, installing the floor and then mounting it on a
frame, and once on the frame bolting  the unit to the frame. Just a guess!

Martin Hughey
WBCCI 10212
1969 International & 1961  Bambi "1631"