Re: [VAL] 15 Watt Solar Panels

Colin,

Good to hear from you.

Yes, I know that my battery potential is from the dark ages. Believe it or
not, it has actually served us well over the years. Until a few years ago we
did not even have a battery charger. The tow vehicle did it all. We really
do not use 12V extrensively and view camping as an opportunity to get away
from most electronic things. At this point the current set up is our best
bet. We cannot fabricate a larger battery box for up front (no room without
some major work) and have not located a place inside the trailer that I want
to devote to batteries. The only possibility I see so far is under the road
side twin bed, but I really want that for storage.

One of these years the trailer will need a major rehab and we will look at
altering things then. Until that time I want to disturb as little as
possible. Deep down inside I am a restoration guy. There is nothing I like
more than to see either a time capsul or a restoration to original (or at
least period.) The same goes for the car. Yes I had to add the hitch and a
couple of towing items...but I just don't like to alter unless it is the
only viable option. So you may ask, why am I looking into solar? I figure
that it is a comparatively minor change that can be undone in the future. I
was mainly curious as to the # of watts I should look at...if I do end up
going that route.

There are a couple of items that need attention first. Like ordering new
foam for the beds and sofa! Last summer the bed started giving me a
backache...its time!

Scott