Re: [VAL] 15 Watt Solar Panels

>> This is a question for the group. I have started looking for a solar
>> panel
>> to charge my battery when dispersed camping. I have a small Coleman
>> generator
>> but would prefer to not use it if possible.
 Dr.Gerald Johnson
> There are controllers or regulators needed to protect the battery from
> the larger arrays and there are some new controllers that will extract
> more energy from the panels when sunlight is marginal and the panel
> voltage isn't great enough to otherwise charge the battery.
 -
   greetings airstreamers ,
   -  Sanyo has come out with a 195 watt panel which is translucent
between the cells ,and charges on the back side of the panel as well
,for a 15 % increase in power ,in reflective light situations (like
bouncing off snow,or shiny airstreams )a friend has some ,read 230
watts in optimal hours ,angle etc.
   blue sky controllers by rv power products (the old solar boost 2000
,improved )are the best for small arrays
   I still like those stick on flexable panels by unisolar that I put on
my flying cloud , still putting out the amps after 14,000 plus miles ,
and still stuck on ,although the plastic protective film delaminated
off one of them last winter .
   generators suck - ever stay in quartzsite az? 1000`s of generators
churning away in the desert night - I`ve gone months without plugging
in
   Chris Elliott
   63 flying Cloud and on and off this list since 1998 - hope your all
doing well