[VAL] 15 Watt Solar Panels

This is a question for the group. I have started looking for a solar panel to charge my
battery when dispersed camping. I have a small Coleman generator but would prefer to not
use it if possible. I see the Cabela's catalog and the Camping World catalog both have 15
watt panels for about 130.00. My first question is "What does the 15 watt mean?" 15 watt
per hour? 15 watt a minute when ever hooked up? 15 watt per day? Also, the Camping World
catalog also has charge controllers on the same page. Would a guy need something like that
or would it be yet another gizmo that I would carry on camping trips and not use? Like the
axe I always bring and never get out of the truck.
  Joe