Re: [VAL] Re: Water Tank Damaging Top of Truck

Tom, just out of curiosity, what is your basis for your comment on the
strength of the "roof" of a locomotive, relative to the weight of the
locomotive?  The fact that a locomotive is heavy does not make the
"roof" strong.  If you have ever seen a locomotive that has rolled, you
can easily see that the "roof" is no match for the weight of the
machine, and it does a very poor job of protecting the occupants when it
is undergoing dynamic compression from the rolling weight of the
machine.  I would rather take my chances in a Durango than a locomotive
in a rollover. Seems to me your "size matters" argument is applicable
for selection of a tow vehicle, but I'm not sure the same rationale
applies to the issue of roof strength.

Regards, John Anderson