Re: [VAL] Re: Water Tank Damaging Top of Truck

Well, I saw pictures of a Dodge Durango which *had* been towing a trailer
when it got hit in the rear by a vehicle that failed to stop -- it wasn't a
pretty site.  The towed trailer was no where to be seen so I'm assuming that
it was an SOB that exploded upon impact, the Durango was upside down on the
highway with it's roof crushed in and the back of the Durango was pushed in
as far as the back seat location.  Now, like I said it wasn't pretty.  The 2
adults up front had to be cut out of the wreckage, the man who was the
driver later died.  They were traveling with their pet dog who got loose as
there was no crate for it but the dog was later caught and reunited with the
surviving owner.

Size does matter in a crash.  Too much weight on the roof of your truck will
cause damage but depending on the *size* and structure your mileage will
vary.  For instance, the roof of a locomotive will hold a lot more weight
than the roof of a VW bug -- size matters.

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303