Re: [VAL] Re: Water Tank Damaging Top of Truck

You are at least partially right.  Ford lost an $18 million lawsuit in
Brownsville, Texas because of a roof collapse during a rollover.  This award
despite the fact that the design met federal strength standards.

These standards are likely to be getting somewhat stricter according to the
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.   U.S. automakers are
lobbying against a change in standards, making me think that the problem is
maybe not confined to Ford.  Anyway, I don't think that one can say that the
strength was "taken out".  It was probably never designed in.

-Tom