Re: [VACList] Axles/shock replacement

Joy,
It is not that hard to bend and you don't need to heat it.  Actually,
heating it will weaken it.  A medium sized pry bar is all you need.  I don't
mean a big screwdriver, but a REAL pry bar.  The longer the better,
obviously.  It really works.  As for turning the bolts around, the lower
bolts are really threaded studs welded from the other side of the frame (at
least on my 68) and there is not a hex head back there to remove the
bolt/stud.  I don't think reversing the bolts is the answer.  Being it is
only a once every 20 year job, I will leave the next one for my kids!!!.
Don't get me wrong, it is a job and the first one is always the worst, but
by the time you get to the forth shock (in my case), you will have the smirk
on your face that says it all.  Piece of cake.
Randy