Re: [VACList] Axles/shock replacement

Hi Randy,

I thought about this overnight and agree that it might be a 30 year fix, but
if it compares with an automobile, it might be every 5 years or so.

Since I'm having new axles fabricated, making a change in the orientation of
the shock bracket pin should make future shock changes little more  than
taking the wheel off.

I sent a sketch of to the axle manufacturer today to see if it is possible
to near duplicate the original.  If not, I will have to get a local welder
to install the bracket, possibly to my liking.

Yep, I have the '74 Argosy that also needs new axles - and as  you say, four
more times to get it right! :)  Hopefully my experience with an axle
manufacturer other than Henchen will prove successful.
Thanks for  your thoughts and experiences.

                         Regards, Joy