Re: [VACList] Axles/shock replacement

Joy,
I just recently completed the shock replacement job.  You have to pry the
bracket until it has the clearance to remove/install the shocks.  Don't
worry, you won't break it.  That is the same way the dealers do it and some
of them don't even bend the bracket back afterwards.  That is the easy part,
the hard part is getting the rusted nuts off!  I used penetrating spray for
three days to let it work in and seven of the nuts came right off (I have
two axles).  One bolt broke on the frame mount so ground it flush and
drilled a new hole and  installed a new shock mount from the local parts
house.  I see you are replacing your axle also, so this really applies to
replacing the shocks on an existing axle but thought it might help.  Good
luck.
Randy