Re: [VAC] Newbie

Jim,

I had an easy time attaching the piezo but an awful time getting it to
light the burner. It seems that it likes a match much better than the
piezo. I pulled off the job as my wife got home(6 days) and I wanted to
spend time with her. I will try again today.

I just read a message from John that dealt with burner problems with an old
Dometic frig. I think I also have a case of the "slows", when it comes to
cooling. I left it on all night and it was 38 degrees this am but it took
it all night to do it. I checked it about 3 hours after starting it on gas
and only the ice box was cold. Is this normal? There seems to be only one
output level of burner flame. I don't see how you can get a brush up the
chimney above the burner without more access. I have found mud dabber nests
in other places and wonder if they had taken up residence there also. Jim,
where did you mount the piezo? I had hoped to use the flint wheel hole but
it seems determinded to stay put.

As to the antenna, I thought about it but did not put a patch over the 4"
hole. I figured the old Skyliner was happy with it and if I did patch it,
the patch would have to be bigger than footprint of the new mount. I also
didn't like the idea of more holes in the ceiling. I hope this was not a
faulty assumption. Thanks!

                                                   73 Safari