Re: [VAC] Newbie

Jim,

The antenna works great. 4 tv stations from the Richmond, VA area are about
15 to 35 miles away and they just roll in. There is some flex at the head
with the antenna extended fully up but not enough to break the seal. It
does not come all the way down due to a bracket that the original antenna
rode in during transit. I elected to keep this as it is only about 4 inches
high and makes a nice cradle for the present antenna to ride in. It also
allows use of the mid coach vent even when the antenna is down. A sheet
comes with the antenna that shows how much to cut off the two pieces of
hardware for your coach. My 73 Safari had a roof that was about 1" thick. I
am using the amplified version but also have the unamplified head. Winegard
messed up and sent both; I am waiting to see if I get a call or letter.
;~)  I just returned from the local Ace Hardware store with a retofit piezo
kit. Next chore is to fit this to the old Dometic frig. I have followed the
thread on refrigerators and this one I believe is original and still does
fine on gas and electric. I think the previous owner used it mainly in the
electric mode. Good Luck on the antenna job.

                                                     73 Safari