Re: [VAC] Newbie

Jim,

The 4" hole was what I found in the outer skin and the inner 1" hole was
present on the inner skin. I had a Winegard Skyliner also, but the gears
were stripped and the entire head assembly was rusted into a solid mass.
The new Winegard Sensor wants a 1 3/4" hole through the entire length(outer
& inner hull). All of these holes are for just the antenna head assembly.
It is difficult to run new coax as there are vertical spacers that prevent
cable passage laterally between the outer and inner hulls. If you choose
this alternative you will need to drill rivits and loosen the inner panels.
Another alternative is to bring the coax through the frig vent. This puts
you in the right location(for me) above the frig. I still have to connect
the antenna coax and my coax. I will use dum dum(that is what dad always
called it) to cover the connection. It is a black somewhat pliable material
that forms to molding and is very water proof. I bought a couple large
rolls from a Bell Atlantic surplus outlet before they quit selling surplus
items. Good luck!

                                                       73 Safari