[VAC] refurbishing 1976 AS 31'

Well I picked up the AS yesterday from my RV service guy, checking out the AC, HW Heater, Propane and a few little projects I did not feel I could do. The Propane system needed a new regulator and a few minor parts for the HW heater but it is all working. now. However the AC, although cooling really can't keep up with the demand in the heat of the day. They feel the freon level is fine but the problem is  in the seals. This is an original Armstrong unit and no way to repair it. If we could get these 100 degree temps here in Houston, TX I could probably last until next spring.

If I replace the unit he said that the new units do not have the drain line and the condensation will just run out on the trailer. No big deal I guess. Although he did say there was one unit that could be fitted with the drain but it was more expensive.

The current unit is 13,500 BTUs and he recommended 15,000 BTUs. The total cost installed is $1,100. He said a good part of that is labor getting a new unit to fit the AS. I know when I had my 69 AS me and a good friend of mine put a new AC on it, took about 1/12/ hours. Is there something different about the 76. I think the opening is 14" X 14"

Thanks for your input.