Re: [VAC] fridges

Terry,
 Although the convenience of auto-switching fridges and auto-start water
heaters is nice, it's NOT nice when that stuff decides to not work. I
have to believe that the older, simpler systems are more-reliable in the
long run. And, all of that electronic stuff takes its toll on battery
life when not plugged in. The worst offender is the latest & greatest
gadget: the propane detector with auto-shutoff. It's my understanding
that those things have a solenoid valve in the main gas line that must
be held open with 12VDC from the detector, and solenoids draw
significant amounts of power.

Regarding circuit boards: you should mention the Dinosaur Circuit
Boards. From what I've read, they make replacement boards for most RV
stuff that are cheaper and more reliable than the OEM stuff.

So far, I'm not too old and decrepit to light pilots and fridges.
<<grin>> Much as I love gadgets: see
http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/personal/stove/ (computerized
woodstove) and
http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/others/jun09_01.jpg (digital