Re: [VAC] Newbie

Brian,
 I just ordered a Winegard Sensor antenna to replace the crankup/foldup
antenna that's on my trailer. (I think the gears are stripped on the
latter and it didn't work all that well anyway.)

I'm unclear on the hole requirements: you say that there's a 4" and 1"
hole, but the new antenna requires a 1 3/4" hole. Although I pictured
the 4" hole as being for the antenna and the 1" hole for the cable,
that's apparently not correct. Or is it?

The part that I'm not looking forward to is the cable replacement; the
stock outfit has what appears to be shielded twinlead and the new one
uses co-ax. I may have to put a new hole in the roof to bring the coax
into a closet, where it can be routed through a cupboard to where it
needs to be. Not the stock location, but close enough.

                                           <<Jim>>