Re: Wiring diagram

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by james on November 25, 2000 at 16:45:05:

In Reply to: Re: Wiring diagram posted by Tom Patterson on November 23, 2000 at 20:19:24:

Carl,
I have a 1972 Streamline Imperial and the battery is mounted on the front a-frame. If you are facing the front of the trailer, to the lower right under the a-frame and below the anodized gold trim is a small rubber grommet. There should be several wires coming out of there including the wiring to the plug for the running lights and a thicker grade of black wire. This connects to the positive side of the battery (red) to power the internal lighting when not connected to 110. The negative side of the battery is a short wire connected under the battery mounting with a screw to the trailer frame. This grounds the system. check to see if perhaps they had taped the battery wire to the running lights to get it out of the way when they took the battery off. The transformer converts 110 to 12 volt when connected to electricity. The battery option allows you to pull stored energy directly from the battery when the trailer is not connected to 110. I do not believe there is a battery charger involved here. Mine has been changed to a regular converter over the years but I am familiar with the transformer set up because I have a friend that has a '71 Streamline. Hope this helps and the AC is 110 only. Although the furnace should operate on 12 volt.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.