Re: [VAL] CF bulbs

Ken,
It is hard for me to determine, there are so many bulbs with data, but is
looking like 25 lumens per watt. I see specs where 100 or 120 lumens equal
25 to 30 watt equivalent to incandescent, but then I see where 250 lumens
equivalent to 30 to 35 watt incandescent, and that is the brightest in 120V.
So I don't know. The answer I want, is what is the LED lumen equivalent to a
60 watt incandescent, but can't find one. I do not think just adding LED's
to a bulb is brighter in the comparisons. It is just more. Kinda like one 60
watt household bulb in a room. One is not as much light as say ten in the
room, but when is all said and done, you still have 60 watts light, more of
it and brighter room for sure, but I do not know how you would relate the
lumens of one in the room, versus ten of the same in the room.

I guess what I am trying to say is ten night lights of 7 watts in a room is
not much light, just more of them, but could never be enough compared to ten
60 watt or 75 or 100 watt bulbs.

If there is only so much light that can be had out of a single LED bulb, and
it appears there is and it is currently very limited, then all application
in the form of bunches added to a single bulb would reach a point that you
could only get so much out of the finished product.

I can see where more is better in the quantity and placement of lights in a
trailer, but there is also a point where it becomes only so much light and
no more. Cost can quickly make the goal impractical. The best seller and
brightest 120 v LED standard Edison base bulb offered on Super Bright is the
E27-G50-W6 at 250 lumens equivalent to 30-35 watt incandescent. I cannot
tell if it is 2 watt or 6 watt consumption as it says 3X2watt. I don't know
if they mean 3 LED's at 2 watt each which I suspect, or what that means. It
is the tenth one down on https://www.superbrightleds.com/edison.html and
people order this bulb and the one below it the most according to Sandra in
today's phone conversation.

This does not seem to me to be enough light considering the cost of the
bulb, and it is stated the best they have to offer. They do sell a whole lot
of them.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX