Re: [VAL] Dometic fridge advice?

Lynne,

Yes this burner has two ceramic elements, the upper portion with small
holes, ( looks like an old fashioned salt shaker on top) and one located
below serving as a type of collar to shape the outside  lower flame.  The
salt shaker portion needs to be blown out as does the collar.

This assembly is located beneath the heating chamber where also is located
the Klixxon sensing unit.  On my frig. this complete nozzle unscrews at its
base approx. 4 inches below the ceramic portion.  Doing so reveals the
orifice which is hexagonal and unscrews counter clockwise with normal
threads.  The orifice has a hole about the size of an acupuncture needle.
My local gas man had a small needle file that he cleaned the orifice with.

To remove the nozzle assembly above the orifice grasp it with pliers just
below the ceramic, on the nurreled nuts,  careful not to pinch the ceramic
portion which will easily break.  This was possible with the fig. still in
the trailer via the small access door located just behind the frig.  However
I accomplished all this with the frig. out of the trailer.

When you break the gas lines you should always test them for leaks during
reassembly.

Good luck, GAS