[VAL] Dometic fridge advice?

RE: Dometic fridge in 1971 Safari LY 23'

we recently fired up the propane on our Dometic Fridge. I don't think it's
the original 1971 fridge, but a possibly replacement from the 1980's.

I don't have much experience with propane fridges, and have a few questions

overall, the fridge seemed to work well, even in 100F heat. Better than no
fridge, and definitely better than an ice chest.

1. maintenance - what maintenance/cleaning do we need to do in the
mechanical area behind the fridge (accessed thru' exterior hatch).  I don't
know when this fridge was last operated on propane.

2. the freezer worked very well, but the fridge compartment varied in temp
from 32F to almost 50F (I kept a thermometer in the fridge). I adjusted the
temp control knob at front-bottom of fridge, but I am not sure it had much
effect. Do propane fridges vary in temp according to outside climate temp?
Or is that simply a characteristic of a small-RV fridge regardless of how it
is powered?

3. the fridge compartment was much colder toward the back of fridge than at
front of fridge. Is this normal? I suppose experienced trailer chefs arrange
their food storage accordingly! (ie don't want frozen lettuce or eggs)

4. in general, how much propane does this type of fridge use?

any other propane fridge tips would be appreciated.
thx.
MargK