Re: [VAL] towing caravel with mid-60's muscle car

Yes...Bill's comment relates to the original evolution of my thinking
about my
Skylark in a towing context. We've all seen those cool old Airstream
brochures
that show them hooked up to an Impala/Mustang/ you fill in the blank;
i.e., back
before every soccer mom in America owned an SUV, people towed their "stuff"
with regular cars, didn't they? I know my family towed all the boats we
owned
in the 50's and 60's with my dad's 54 Chrysler DeLuxe...admittedly,
these 18 foot
fiberglass boats didn't weigh as much as a 17-18 foot travel trailer,
but if, for instance,
you were the purchaser of a 17 Foot Caravel in 1966, what were your most
common vehicle options for towing?

....a