Re: [VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

Paul,

A tip of the hat to you for being or wanting to do it the "Wally way" in
regards to putting up with flies, heat, ice chests, no air-conditioning, no
gray water holding tank, etc.  ;)  All the above are personal choices for
you and I suspect that *you could* do things differently if you chose to do
so.

However, not everyone wants to make camp without electricity to run the
air-conditioner, refrigerator, more lights than a battery can power for days
on end, etc.  You purposely chose to do without what others will not which
is fine by me as well.

What I still haven't got any answers to as of yet is WHY we had to have 2
individual fields to park in when there was more than enough room for ALL of
us to be in the large field where the 30-amp power was provided.  Other than
fear of electricity being "stolen" I can see no valid reason why there just
had to be 2 parking areas which were entirely the same except for the
electricity supplied.

Was there even an announcement board in the 3-amp section?  If not, why not?
All the "main events" hosted at the B-I-G field were not duplicated in the
3-amp field - and that's just for starters about the differences between
those who had 30-amp service and those that had 3-amp service.

I'm glad to finally know who provided the "pool" - and now I find it was for
cooling-off!  And here I thought that was some sort of communal bathing
area! ;))))

Although our meeting was brief where we discussed the failure of the ZipDee
part on Rich Luhr's awning it was nice to finally be able to put a face to
your name.

Just one quick question - if you really wanted to experience doing the rally
the "Wally way" why did you use your Ford Excursion SUV to do it with?  Then
again, maybe you did without air-conditioning all the way out there and back
as well.  Maybe? ;)

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303