[VAL] What to do for a bed?

Hi everyone,

I have been researching this for over two months now.  Longer if you count
the beds that did not work.

There is a choice of foam, air, composite and conventional.  I have sciatica
and have not yet found a conventional bed that works.  Cheap Aerobed and
Coleman work great but a little hard on the hips, but start leaking after a
few months.  I fill them to the max of the Aerobed compressor left over
after a warranty return.  The pressure on that pump is 0.5 PSI.    I have
looked into latex foam and some rave about it, others think they wasted
their money (it is really expensive).  There are certain options to build a
bed with latex on some sites, but I have not tried that yet.  I have even
looked at the ILD firmness factor to custom make your own bed.  Don't know
if I know anymore than when I started.  A twenty dollar Coleman air bed does
me fine, but I hate adjusting it all the time, and after a couple of months
they stretch out huge.  If it is not adjusted just right I get painful
numbness in my feet.  The only reason I use one is that the pain goes away.

I live 100 miles out of town.  Testing a bed for 15 minutes really does not
tell you much.

Some foam sites say they can match you up by knowing your body weight and
height and what firmness you want.  After all this research I am still
confused.  Just wondering what you are sleeping on.  Any ideas appreciated.
You are my last hope.  :)

Jim W