Re: [VAL] My electric jack

Hmmmm...

Having never seen one, I'm not familiar with electric jacks.  Could you post
the brand and model number so I (we) might find such a creature on the 'net?
There might be some exploded views for reference.

In the meantime, what I'd do next would be disconnect the hot wire, press the
switch (as if to activate the thing), then brush the wire to the plus side of
the battery to observe the size of the spark, if any.

No spark would tell me the juice isn't getting through the switch to the
motor.

Big spark would tell me the switch is (probably) OK, but the motor is frozen.

Little spark would tell me the brushes and commutator are dirty.

Huge spark, the smell of ozone and burning flesh, followed by beautiful music,
would tell me I accidentally plugged it into the AC outlet in the wall and it
killed me and I got lucky.

Scratching my head, glad I'm not dead,

Mark in Modesto