Re: [VAL] My electric jack

First off, that which you are measuring is volts (V20), not amps.  It sounds
like you have it on the right setting, as long as it's set for DC and not AC.
However, why the voltage would suddenly drop when you throw the switch is not
clear.

If I were in your sandals, I would run a fat wire (jumper cables) directly
from the battery plus terminal to the 'hot' wire on the jack, then clamp the
battery ground (negative) to the body of the jack, and try it that way.  This
will eliminate any voltage drop in the wires between the battery and the jack,
and give it the best juice it can get from your battery.

Try that and let us know what happens.

Mark in Modesto