[VACList] do ladies prefer different tow vehicles?

OK, I know this probably sounds like a crazy question.
 But, my wife (Jennifer) wants to learn to drive the
tow vehicle.  My wife is a good driver and has logged
many miles in our full-sized vans.  These have
included work trucks with stick shifts, no
power-anything, and no windows rear of the front seat.
 But, towing (and hitching) a 5,000 pound trailer is
an entirely new twist for her.  I would like the
experience to be as safe and comfortable as practical.
 Unfortunately, I can be pretty clueless about what is
intuitive or comfortable for her.  For example, my
wife hates the screw jack.  It never occurred to me
that it might cause her any trouble.

After some discussion, Jen and I decided that we
should consult the VAClist. I know that we have some
ladies on the list with many years' experience towing
their Airstreams.  I was wondering if any of you would
be willing to give some advice.  Specifically, I would
like to know what you like and dislike in a tow
vehicle, and why.  Also, are there any features or
add-ons (for the vehicle or trailer) that you consider
essential?  Long term, her goal is to have the freedom
to make trips without me present.  This would free her
up to take the kids on longer visits with relatives,
etc, beyond the time limits imposed by my job.

Undoubtedly, we could figure this out over time.  But,
we were hoping to learn at least a few lessons the
easy way.

Any help is greatly appreciated by us both.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander