Re: [VACList] Re: A/S Plant wk on FC

I agree with Patti-- Rick March is great, but overworked. I have lots of down
time during off season and have tried to get on there for quite a while. But
they will not hire new folks in this economy. As a result the service dept.
suffers from under staffing. Besides, it's got to be a loss leader for Thor
anyhow, to work on ancient units.

And remember Jackson Center isn't even a town; it's a village of Shelby
County, Ohio. Sidney, the county seat is a half hour drive to the south. Folks
there are sincere, friendly, and competent. But restoring ancient travel trailers
is a VERY arcane art and craft. We are kinda weird to them with our requests,
although they are deeply flattered by our attention to the product. They
always loved Airstreams. They fully understand our passion. But their picture of
the industry is much wider than ours.

Rick and his crew realigned my 1966 Safari and what a difference it made!
Cost under a hundred bucks and when you bring them service work over the winter
months, they'll store your unit for free. You have to winterize it tho-

For Rick to turn down a job had to be hard -- He's quiet, stoic and "gets
it".   He really loves the older coaches.

Shelby County is loveliest part of North Western Ohio. And not just because
of Airstream. Visit it if you can.

Alex (in Indiana) Kensington
66 Safari & Overlander
WBCCI & VAC #8728