[VACList] 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre - - What to do with strange flooringproblem?

It seems that I have uncovered at least the second 6.0 Metre Minuet with
an aluminum composite floor that is a factory install with rivets.  I am
certain that it is factory as I purchased it from the original owner who
special ordered the trailer and never made any changes nor had any floor
repairs done.

The trailer is currently at Fowler Interiors in Symsonia, Kentucky and
we are at a crossroads trying to arrive at a decision on how to proceed
with new floor covering.  I travel with two Chihuahuas and that combined
with allergies means that I cannot tolerate carpeting.

While I know that the floor as it stands is nearly as firm and stable as
that found in my Overlander, I know of reports from the owner of the
second Minuet that I know of with this flooring material that it can
become quite "springy" which is one of my concerns in proceeding.

The original plan was to attach a luan plywood underlayment on top of
the subfloor.  A plan of attach under consideration is to utilize some
form of adhesive to attach the underlayment to the aluminum then glue
down the heavy duty industrial grade Congoleum sheet flooring that I had
originally selected.

I am almost afraid that I may be doomed to carpeting.  Any suggestions
for alternatives will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359