Re: [VACList] 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre - - What to do with strangeflooring problem?

When you say riveted in, do you mean there are rows of rivets on the floor ?

I would vote for cork. It is warm and tough and very resilient. If you
glue it right to the floor, the rivets will "telegraph" through. I would
guess that even with the luan, that the rivets will tlelgraph through to
the vinyl flooring too.

http://home.tiac.net/~jtdjtd/aspix/airstream3.html

will show you how I did it.

Maybe a layer of foam  underlayment on first would be a better idea than
  the luan.

Daisy