[VACList] Fiber optic tail light indicator cover, redux

For those interested in finding replacement covers for the fiber
optic tail light indicators that were optional on some 70s models, I
completely struck out in finding a source.  The very helpful person
at Airstream parts knew exactly what I was inquiring about, but said
those indicators and covers have been out of production for years,
and she's not aware of anyone making replacements or having a stash
of NOS.

I didn't find anyone else who could provide any leads, either.

For those of us with those indicators, it seems an easy but ugly
option is to put a glob of sealant in the access hole, so that water
intrusion behind the skin isn't a problem.  But a more elegant
solution, one that covers and protects the fiber optic indicators as
well as covering the hole in the skin, would be highly desirable.

Any ideas?

Stan