Re: [VACList] Trash truck hit my Bambi

Greetings Sherry!

Sorry to hear of your situation.  While it wouldn't be exactly next-door, it
wouldn't be much more than five or six hours to Cedar Falls, IA (if you are
anywhere near Salina, KS) where Ace Fogdall RV is located.  They have some
fantastic technicians who do excellent Airstream repairs.  They performed
the panel "overlay" replacement on my coach, but they do equally as nice
work on full panel replacements.  If it is one of the segments with a
compound curve, the difficulty may be in locating a replacement panel or
someone who can form one.  The following is a link to the Ace Fogdall RV web
site:

http://www.acefogdallrv.com/mypage.html?pg=Service&Parts

While it might be a slightly different situation, the photo in the link
below shows my coach following the repairs (it is the panel under the front
window <streetside> to the water fill opening).

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1081&papass=&sort=
1

I hope that you find the insurance company involved to be cooperative.  Good
luck with your search for a repair shop.  I wish that I could be more help
with Kansas sources, but I moved from the Russell area just a few years
before I began Airstreaming.  You might try an internet search for airframe
repair shops in either Hutchinson or Wichita as there seemed to be a
concentration of airline/airport services in those two areas.

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VA #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Towcar
In-Training)