RE: [VACList] rv refridgerators

I was wondering if most everyone who renovates an Airstream still uses
the gas/ammonia refridgerator or do some folks just get a small electric
fridge to hook up with the electricity?  I only plan to use my trailer
where there is a hook up and I don't mind toting stuff in a cooler for a
while to keep it cool or using blue ice or even dry ice.  If I just get
an electric fridge I would just cap off the gas line right?  Or should I
have a plumber do it?  Since I am not using the furnace I suppose I
should have it capped off too.  The gas fridge isn't just expensive,
it's complicated and heavy!!!  Is there anything I need to consider in
using a small electric fridge in an A/S?

Lexxy