Re: [VAC] restoration update - '49 Clipper

Tuna,
You have the right idea - pretty soon you won't even need the dremel.
Sheetmetal pros use a drill bit the size of the rivet diameter (1/8",
5/32, etc.) and drill a hole through the rivet head and then pop the
head off with a sideways twist using an equivalent sized punch, and then
punch the shaft and bucktail through to the other side.  You can always
use a light tap with a center punch in the rivet head until you get good
at starting up with the drill bit.

I don't think I would ever try to pop heads off with a chisel.  I think
some one was referring earlier to using a a chisel to shear off the stem
off of pulled Olympic Rivets.

RJ