Re: [VAC] 1962 globetrotter

Gary,

I bought OPD valves a little over a year ago in Colorado at Ferellgas, which
I think is a national chain.  If I recall correctly it was $14 per valve.
They also re-certified the tanks, but apparently they didn't charge extra
for that (may have been an oversight).  I believe the total was $40-$45 for
two new valves plus refills for two 30-lb tanks.

The impression I got from the guy doing the work was that, if he could fill
your tank, and it didn't leak, it passed certification.  The $5 that most
places charge for certification more than covers the couple of minutes it
takes, including stamping the date on the tank.

The other propane place down the road wanted about $20-25 per valve.  I
didn't even consider going to an RV shop, knowing how high their prices can
be.  I think you should be able to find valves $20  or less, plus $5 for
certification, if you keep calling around.

Don