Re: [VAC] 1962 globetrotter

Don,
 I think you're exactly correct. From something I found on the 'net a
while back, there's 2 ways to recertify a tank: Inspection by a
qualified technician (it didn't leak when I filled it, so it's OK), or
Hydrostatic Testing. The former is good for 5 years, the latter merits a
12-year certification, just like a new tank.

We have an outfit near here (Hydrostatic Testing, Inc., of all things)
that does such testing, but I don't know what it costs for propane
tanks.

                                           <<Jim>>