Re: [VAC] Tire question

Roger,

    I just brought home, well about a month and a half ago anyway, a 31'
1973 Excella. The tires on this were obviously bad. So I replaced them with
"A/S (AirStream ??) Radial - RoadRunner tires - P235 75R15" tires, Light
truck variety. I then brought the trailer home. I didn't have a problem with
them at all in the 240 mile trip. I got the tires at a local Fleet Farm.

    The tires were slightly wider than stock, but very close to the same
height. The rear tires seemed like a tight fit, but went on with no problem.
I even broke one of the spring bars for the load leveling hitch, and things
still went OK during the trip, no swaying or rocking. I did have the tires
pumped up to their Max pressure though. My owners manual say that the stock
tires should be pumped to a pressure that I thought was kind of high, don't
have the Manual here, so I can't quote it. I paid $210 for all four, mounted
and balanced. Don't forget to get them balanced.

    Hope this helps.

bobb