Re: [VAC] power and water

Hal,
You have, unless I'm misreading your post, found the fresh water input.
My fifties trailers have the same input cap.  The tire type air input
valve is for pressurizing the water tank.  This was before standard 12
volt water pumps were used, I believe, or possibly retained as back up
in the sixties.  The cap will probably come off with persuasion.  Try a
large pair of pliers with a towel or tape over the metal for protection.
 There may be a rubber seal inside that has dried up and helped freeze
it.  you might not want to use much liquid wrench or other penetrant so
the water inlet isn't contaminated.  Some times a torch helps.  A very
large pipe wrench or a smaller one with a length of pipe fitted over the
handle to give extra leverage might do it. Clean the tank by filling it
with warm water and then flushing, then  a weak bleach solution to kill
the germs, then a fill with a baking soda solution to lose the old
odors/tastes.  There is even a powdered additive for water systems
available in RV stores to help with this.
Tom