Re: [VAC] Replacing Black Water Tank (was Toilet leak)

Pete,
When we arrived at meeting site for the WW Caravan that Bud Cooper led, we
found our fresh water tank was leaking badly.  We removed it, took it to
Rapid City to try to locate a new tank.  After many vendors we were referred
to a tank repair place.  He said we could do it ourselves with SHOE GOO II.
Those on the caravan watched as we did the repair.  Four years later the
tank is still leakproof.

Remove the toilet, throughly clean and DRY the cracked areas.  SHOE GOO
comes in a tube at about $4 for a good sized tube.  We use three tubes on
our major job.  Apply it , not too thick,work it into the cracks.  Better if
you can get to the backside of the crack but we didn't. After six or eight
hours apply another layer just a little wider than the first.  Repeat this
for three or four layers.  All I can say, it worked wonders.  Might be worth
a try.  Soe Goo has become a standard at my house for many repairs.  It was
made to build up rubber soled   running shoes.Great stuff.
Kathy