Re: [VAC] Replacing Black Water Tank (was Toilet leak)

Dave,

After I posted my question about where to get a rubber gasket, I thought; Duh,
why not go to the nearest RV dealer.  You are right, I should have measured
before buying a rubber gasket.  The one I bought is not nearly large enough.
I'll have to take it back.

My real problem now is that after taking the toilet off I found that there are a
number of cracks in the top of the black water tank and at least one in the
bottom.  Do you have any idea of where I will have to go for another tank for a
1965 Caravel? and how to install one?

I am going to look on Tom Patterson's page for answers and perhaps I'll get some
answers from listees as well - hope, hope.

Boy, I sure am disappointed in the man I bought this unit from and his promise
of a trailer in A-1 condition.  He told me that this was his personal trailer
and he wouldn't let me have it until he had made sure it was in perfect shape.
I think he is full of what the black water tank won't hold.

Oh well, I certainly will learn more about how my trailer was built and
Airstream restoration.

Pete
'65 Caravel