Re: [VAC] Plumbing woes

Hi Leslie and Janis,

In the restoration of my 66 Trade Wind (TWLY), The safest way I found to remove the toilet floor flange was to carfully saw the threaded portion of the flange in 4 places, essentially cutting it into 4 pie shaped pieces as pictured below.
Take your time with a sawsall and watch the blade depth as you cut. The trick is to only saw through enough to break out the pieces hanging on by the outside edge of the threads so you dont cut into the threaded plastic flange on the tank. The cast iron flange although corroded is still plenty sturdy and if you try to unscrew it with a hammer you will break the tank.

GOOD LUCK

WAM
'66TWLY
'56CARLY