Re: [VAC] Bubble update

I agree that under a certain weight that brakes are not required by law.
Perhaps they are not needed for safety, but if the trailer should ever start
to sway because of a passing semi I know of no better way to stop it than by
gently activating the trailer brakes. (I don't know, do these small trailers
sway when passed by semi's?) This is the first time I have heard someone say
that electric trailer brakes were not around in '57. Is this really true? By
the way my "late 50's early 60's" sales brochure lists the 18 foot Caravel
at 2180 pounds. It came with electric brakes as standard equipment. Do the
other mini Airstreams have brakes? (Bubble, Pacer, Bambi, etc.) Lets hear
from the owners!

Scott