[VAC] new to the group

Dear Group;
Our names are Evan And LeAnn Westlake, we are new to the group.  We have
a 62 Globe Trotter and are wondering what the original flooring would
have been.  Right now it has a teal striped carpet overtop of a light
multi colored speckled linoleum.  The linoleum looks to be in 12"
squares.  The linoleum has been applied to subflooring that goes
underneath the original cabinets.  Would that be the original flooring?
Also, the couches are in need of recovering.  Currently they have a teal
tweed fabric with green specks throughout and on the bottoms of the
cushions is a tan/white striped fabric, this tan/white fabric is also on
the cushions which are not seen until you make it into a bed. We want to
recover these in original or close to original fabric, on the board we
noticed that some
people are recovering with denim is that original?  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to where we might find a suitable fabric?
Another question we have is about the curtains, any ideas as to what
they should be?  We know that they have been replaced.  Also, the
outside needs polished, which we plan to do ourselves.  Could anyone
recommend a good polish/technique?  We hand polished a small area by
hand with some metal polish and it looked pretty good. Another person
recommended a product called Never Dull.  We have a buffer we could use
for the job.  Any suggestions or recommendations on these subjects or
any others on the refurbishing of our airstream would be greatly
appreciated.  We don't want to do anything that would damage or detract
from the vintage look and aesthetics.

Thanks,

Evan and LeAnn