Re: [VAC] new to the group

Hey---thats just like my Globe Trotter!  lol  Well, some idiot took dark
stain into mine and the light colored wood is now dark.  Fortunately, I
am a skilled woodworker.  Ok--I'm about to learn a lot about being a
skilled woodworker.  So, the idiot put the stain on over the already
pointed wood .  Thats the good news---it means I can sand within reason
and expect to have wood left afterwards.  The same idiot
most likely also took the fabric you're discussing off in almost all
areas and replaced it with a dull brown.  This had to be a male and a
hunter or possibley a serioulsy depressed person.   I know the title says
'64 but maybe this is the missing small  Airstream from back of the
grassy knoll in Dallas?   Only two months earlier.  I have to change all
of that out.  the flooring is terrible--apparently, the thing was either
flooded, in a flood or part of Noah's group of Airstreams.  And, much of
the lower plywood is water stained or damaged.  Its a god thing I got it
cheap.  At least I didn't get taken on that $10,000.
Now, does anyone know how the flint in the icebox is renewed or cleaned?
Afterall, it does seem to need a flint for the spark and that will wear
out.
I took the carpet out and underneath is simply unacceptable.  The tile is
just as you describe and must come out.   Which leads to the next
question for the group:  Must I pull out all the beds/cabinets in order
to put in tile?  I think I will put in self-gluing Azrock and hopefully,
never have to worry about it again.  Anyone with suggestions, let me hear
from you?
Anyone have a simple but  effective test for leaks in the plumbing system
for both fresh and black water;  a test wherein I do not need to totally
fill the tanks?
Finally, my Magic Chef is in terrible shape but apparently working on
three of the four burners and the oven.  The fourth burner is minus a
small, very small piece of metal that holds the pilot gas pipe into the
center pilot ignition distribution gas source.  If I had this part, the
entire thing would work fine.  Anyone know of a "lost or forgotten" old
Magic Chef ?
Has anyone heard of a lead on simple awnings for small AS  such as the
Globe Trotter?