[VAC] question re towing

Hi.  Knowing nothing about Airstreams or RVS in general, except I always
liked the Airstream (I'm a former vintage VW camper fan and this seems
like an extension of that), I bought one, a 1970s 31 foot (not sure of
which model)  because it was a good opportunity.  I plan to park it at
my parents place, a small little cabin in the country, so we can go
visit them without being intrusive (their house is a *tiny* little
place).  There is a lake there, and it is possible that from time we may
want to move it small distances.  Can you use a car for just short
distances?  I have a 6 cylinder car, big engine sports car, and there is
a small pickup trucks out there.  I appreciate any advice from ya'll
experienced travel trailer owners.  I can see why people are such fans
of them.
Elizabeth