[VAC] Towing

Good morning all-
I am now planning the trip to Las Vegas to pickup my newly purchased 1959
Safari (22" Single Axle).  I will be using a 1998 Dodge Durango (5.9,
Trailer tow Package 3.92 rear end, Anti Spin, anti lock Brakes, factory
hitch) as my tow vehicle.  The previous owner towed it with a 1965 Cutlass
Convertable (300 c.i. v-8)  The hitch appears to be equipped with some sort
of anti-sway bars and I know I'll probably need a receiver with additional
drop to make sure that the tongue weight is good.  The owner says the
toungue weight is only 300 pounds (?). (My 23 ft Boat trailer uses a nearly
straight receiver).  Is there anything else I need to be aware of? This
trailer hasn't been moved in a number of years so I'll get the brakes
checked and bearings repacked and will probably replace the tires. Any other
guidance would be appreciated.

Don Hole
WBCCI #1067
VAC Member