Re: [VAC] Towing

Don, congratulations, have fun, be sure that the lights are working and that
everything is secure (vents, door, etc.). If it comes with the original free
standing table be sure to flip it over, or use a couple of C-clamps to keep
it from collapsing while on the road. Yes you may need to get a receiver
with additional drop, but this is so the trailer can be towed level, it has
nothing to do with how much weight is on the tongue. You may find that your
trailer tows better with the additional tongue weight afforded by filling
the fresh water tank, assuming that it is still in the original position
under the front couch. I know that doing this has made a world of difference
with my '60 Overlander since I have a spare mounted on the rear bumper,
counteracting some of the tongue weight.

Scott Scheuermann